The Elements Ice mousepad has a very unique surface. Due to its nature, it's delicate and sensitive to human skin oils and other grime that can affect glide. Oil and dirt buildup on the surface of the mouse may cause reduced performance of the pad.
If you notice a build-up of oil, dirt, “greasy/muddy" spots, or some areas of your pad feel slower than normal, please follow these cleaning instructions:
1) Apply liquid dish soap to a damp, soft cloth or towel.
2) With the pad laid on a flat surface, gently rub the top with the soapy cloth to remove grease.
3) Wipe it with a clean, damp cloth to remove leftover residue and soap.
4) Use a soft, dry cloth to remove any excess liquid for faster drying.
5) Let the mousepad air dry fully (24 hours) in a shaded space before continued use.
Be careful not to bend or fold the mousepad during cleaning. Between thorough cleanings, fingerprints or other residues can be wiped off with a dry, soft cloth.
If you continue to experience reduced performance after cleaning, please reach out to our support so we can assist you further.